Saturday, December 4, 2010

Beer Glasses #1: The Pint

There are many kinds of beer glasses. Most are designed to highlight certain features of beer (for example, clarity, color, aroma, or the head of foam.



Let's look at some, starting with the pint glass, which is the most commonly used glass in American craft beer bars. These are usually thick glass cylinders that widen toward the mouth. 


One type is the 16-ounce (473ml.) American pint. The larger Imperial pint, sometimes called the English pint, contains 20 ounces (568ml.) and features a bump near the top. These glasses often have a line near the top indicating the correct amount of beer.




Pint glasses can be used for almost any kind of beer, but they are most often filled with pale ale, India pale ale, brown ale, porter, and stout. Cheers and kampai !!!

1 comment:

  1. Every one love to drink beers but you know that taste of beer also affected by the beer glasses or pint glasses that you use. That's why I decided to buy a personalized pint glass with my initials as the design because I enjoy my drinks if I use my personalized pint glass.

    ReplyDelete